The installation process of the the two hard disks is pretty straight forward. Just follow the instructions in the surprisingly well translated hand book and after a few minutes you can start the NAS for the first time.
- Open the 2 screws at the bottom of the Icybox 4220. There are actually 4 screws, two of which are holding the interior of the box to the exterior case, the two other are in a little plastic bag together with other screws, which are used to fix the hard disks in the case.
- Pull the interior case from the exterior case.
- First connect the cables to the first hard disk, then fix the hard disk with the little screws from the plastic bag and connect the cables (SATA, electricity).
Tip from my side: connect the cables first and then fix the screws. I fixed the screws first, but I just couldn’t connect the cables any more. So I had to unscrew the hard disks again.
- Fix the sensor for the temperature on top of the first hard disk with the tape from the little plastic bag.
- Install the second hard disk, just like the first hard disk.
- Once done just put the interior case back into the exterior housing and fix the 4 little screws on the bottom.
- That’s it. You can now start your Icybox IB-NAS4220-B for the first time.
I think this is enough for today. Tomorrow we will talk about the first steps using the Icybox 4220.
Buy your own Raidsonic Icy Box IB-NAS4220-B Raid/Dual SATA, Gigabit at Amazon.