About 3 months ago I wrote my post first post about Ubuntu on the FSC Amilo si1520. So it is time to write a follow up. I am still very happy with the notebook. In the above mentioned post I wrote about the software I was using at that time.
Here a little update:
- OpenOffice: still a good alternative to Microsoft Office :-).
EvolutionThunderbird: I am back with Thunderbird for a couple of days now. I use it at work, have used it before for quite a while on my old notebook and I just feel more comfortable with it. As synchronizing between Evolution and Google Calendar with MultiSync did not work, I thought I could just go back.
- Scribus: Nothing new year (Not really software that I use on a regular basis).
- Inkscape: I love it!
- Quanta Plus: Still a very good HTML editor.
- Skype: Well, you have to stay in contact with the world, right? (Everyone uses Skype…)
- FileZilla: fTP client.
Multisync-Gui: I just could not make it conect to Evolution and Google Calendar.
- CUPS: PDF printer.
- Hugin: panorama software.
LifereaGoogle Reader: Unfortunately has no offline reading ability (yet).
- newgtk recordMyDesktop: This little piece of software records your desktop (or specific areas of it) to the .ogg format (I still have to figure out how to convert .ogg in a more common format)
- newcMapTools: A nice mind mapping tool.
- newGoogle Earth: Nice to see the area when planning a trip.
So at the end there are less changes than expected. I hope I did not forget anything.